- This event has passed.
March 3 @ 18:30 - 22:30¥350
Multiplayer Brawl at Hareruya Tournament CentreFormal rules and match points as usual, new start times and match timing. We play only 3 matches overall, stopping matches at 70’ exactly. Players may play as many or few matches as they like, as usual.
- 6:30 – 7:40
- 7:45 – 8:55*
- 9:00 – 10:10
The fee is optional for first-time players, guests or those who cannot play at least 3 matches.コストは、賞品プールに投入される「ブースターパック」1個（350円）です。
Social Media – ソーシャルメディアJoin our Discord Online Chat for daily MTG chat in English and Japanese, and Twitter for event updates Discordオンラインチャットに参加して英語と日本語で毎日MTGのチャットをしたり、Twitterでイベントの更新情報を得ることができます。 Discord: https://discord.gg/UW94R23 Twitter: Watchwolf-MTG @WatchwolfM Twitter feed is also posted here, at https://watchwolf.net/notices
Formal Match Rules
- Only 1 deck for all matches in the event
- No sideboard
- Only 1 ‘Outside the Game’ card
- You may also use a Companion card with your Commander
- OTG and Companion cards must be declared before each match
- Matches are arranged in the following order
- 4 player
- 3 player
- 2 player, if necessary; played as Best of Three
- Match are stopped at 70 minutes exactly
- Win: 3 points; Lose: 0 points; Tie: 1 point each
- see Scoring Formula below
- Players may join the tournament after it’s begun
- At 22:45, any remaining matches will be stopped and scored
- Prize giving will follow the tournament’s conclusion
PrizesThe prize pool is made up of all the booster packs provided by each players’ entry fee, plus carryovers from previous weeks, then divided by 6ths and awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd places as 3/6, 2/6, 1/6 Where places are tied and the prizes can’t be evenly divided, that week’s carryovers will be added to try to make a divisible number. If the packs can’t be made up to a divisible number, they’re carried over. This is repeated for each slot, and the formula will not be varied. eg. to provide bonus prizes, or to give away all the packs, etc.
Scoring formulaScore 3 points for a win; 0 points for a loss. 1 point each for a tie. ‘Win’ means to have defeated all opponents ‘Lose’ means to be eliminated before the match ends ‘Tie’ means to be still alive when the match ends This is the system we devised in partnership with Hareruya’s Events Team last year, intended to discourage individual attacks and reward only the most ambitious victory in which all other players are defeated. https://www.hareruyamtg.com/en/events/124612/detail Match pairing prefers unique 4-player matches. Points are awarded for each match played, and the winners are the players with the highest total scores.
Brawl FormatBrawl is a multiplayer Commander variant using 60-card decks from the Standard format. https://magic.wizards.com/en/game-info/gameplay/formats/brawl https://whatsinstandard.com
Cost to play BrawlThe cost of a competitive Brawl deck starts at around $50, with mono-colour decks being the cheapest. As a ‘singleton’ format, it’s very difficult for costs to exceed about $150, so the notorious pay-to-play aspect of MTG is nicely managed.
Covid-19 PrecautionsAll players are required to comply with the following restrictions, some of which are required by local bye-law, thank you
- please do not attend if you feel in the least bit unwell in any way
- disinfect your hands upon entering the building
- wear a surgical mask for the duration of our games
- should you need to cough or sneeze normally, please show extra consideration