- This event has passed.
March 17 @ 18:30 - 22:30¥350
Multiplayer Brawl at Hareruya Tournament CentreFormal rules and match points as usual, with new start times and match timing, and see below for comments about Rule Zero.
We now play only 3 matches overall, stopping matches at 70’ – the active player may complete their turn.
Players may play as many or few matches as they like, as usual.
- 6:30 – 7:40
- 7:45 – 8:55*
- 9:00 – 10:10
The fee is optional for first-time players, guests or those who cannot play at least 3 matches.コストは、賞品プールに投入される「ブースターパック」1個（350円）です。
Social Media – ソーシャルメディアJoin our Discord Online Chat for daily MTG chat in English and Japanese, and Twitter for event updates Discordオンラインチャットに参加して英語と日本語で毎日MTGのチャットをしたり、Twitterでイベントの更新情報を得ることができます。 Discord: https://discord.gg/UW94R23 Twitter: Watchwolf-MTG @WatchwolfM Twitter feed is also posted here, at https://watchwolf.net/notices
Clarification Regarding Rule Zero Rule Zero is the worthy recommendation by the EDH (Commander) Rules Committee that players should discuss their expectations for games before playing. In our case, those discussions takes place continually, and we discuss, agree and then publish those rules across all our media. When a player pays their entry fee for an event therefore, it is an explicit contract between the organizers and them as players: i) the organizers agree to apply the rules as previously discussed, agreed and published ii) the players in turn agree to abide by the rules (which they themselves have created) In the interests of absolute fairness to all competitors therefore, there is no scope for changing any rule or administrative process during an event – however much better that might seem on the day! Instead, players are encouraged to discuss any shortcomings after the event so that new rules and processes can be established for next time. TL;DR: we will not deviate from the published rules during an event, thank you. ルールゼロに関する説明 ルール・ゼロ」とは、EDH（コマンダー）ルール委員会が提唱する、ゲームをプレイする前にプレイヤー同士がゲームに対する期待を話し合うべきだという価値ある提言です。 プレイヤーがイベントへの参加費を支払った時点で、主催者とプレイヤーとの間に明確な契約が結ばれたことになります。 i) 主催者は、事前に議論し、合意し、公表したルールを適用することに同意する。 ii）プレイヤーは、（プレイヤー自身が作成した）ルールを遵守することに同意する。 したがって、すべての競技者にとって絶対的に公平であるために、イベント中にルールや管理プロセスを変更することはできません（当日はどんなに良いと思われても）。その代わりに、イベント終了後に不足している点をプレイヤー同士で話し合い、次回に向けて新しいルールやプロセスを確立することが推奨されます。 TL;DR: イベント中に公表されたルールから逸脱することはありません。 www.DeepL.com/Translator（無料版）で翻訳しました。
Formal Match Rules (since Feb 2021)
- 1 booster pack of Standard-legal cards
- Only 1 deck for all matches in the event
- No sideboard
- Only 1 ‘Outside the Game’ card
- You may also use a Companion card with your Commander
- OTG and Companion cards must be declared before each match
- Swiss (non-elimination) pairing
- Random, best, best, with the following preferences
- 4 player
- 3 player
- 2 player (played as Best of Three in the same time frame)
- Top tables prefer the maximum match size
- Late arrivals are paired with the lowest ranked players, in smaller groups if necessary
- Where groups of players are tied for eligibility, selection from that group is random and may create duplicate pairings
- Match are all 70′ long
- The clock is started when the new pairings have been called
- Matches stop abruptly after 70 minutes exactly
- Win: 3 points; Lose: 0 points; Tie: 1 point each
- ‘Win’ means to have defeated all opponents ‘Lose’ means to be eliminated before the match ends ‘Tie’ means to be still alive when the match ends
- Players may join the tournament after it’s begun
- Prize giving will follow the tournament’s conclusion
PrizesThe prize pool is made up of all the booster packs provided by each players’ entry fee, plus carryovers from previous weeks, then divided by 6ths and awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd places as 3/6, 2/6, 1/6 Where places are tied and the prizes can’t be evenly divided, that week’s carryovers will be added to try to make a divisible number to the advantage of the highest scoring groups. If the packs can’t be made up to a divisible number, they’re carried over. This is repeated for each slot, and the formula will not be varied for ad hoc reasons. eg. to provide bonus prizes, or to give away all the packs, etc. etc.
Scoring formulaThis is the system we devised in partnership with Hareruya’s Events Team last year. It is intended to discourage individual attacks and ties, and rewards the most ambitious victory in which all other players are defeated. https://www.hareruyamtg.com/en/events/124612/detail
Brawl FormatBrawl is a multiplayer Commander variant using 60-card decks from the Standard format. https://magic.wizards.com/en/game-info/gameplay/formats/brawlhttps://whatsinstandard.com
Cost to play BrawlThe cost of a competitive Brawl deck starts at around $50, with mono-colour decks being the cheapest. As a ‘singleton’ format, it’s very difficult for costs to exceed about $150, so the notorious pay-to-play aspect of MTG is nicely managed. Again, we always have plenty of spare decks for guests, so please join us first, and worry about your deck later!
Covid-19 PrecautionsAll players are required to comply with the following restrictions, some of which are required by local bye-law, thank you
- please do not attend if you feel in the least bit unwell in any way
- disinfect your hands upon entering the building
- wear a surgical mask for the duration of our games
- should you need to cough or sneeze normally, please show extra consideration